Job Title – Division
|PMO – Project Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy management, energy policy and planning, economics or another appropriate specialist discipline. A Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Preferably with seven (7) years working experience in the energy sector or in another relevant field in a technical capacity is preferred. Experience in energy efficiency and conservation is an advantage.
- Experience in the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, score carding and reporting of projects.
- Highly Knowledgeable on energy issues, global and regional energy trends and developments, and energy-climate related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate staff, especially in a multi-cultural working environment and ability to identify their professional/technical development needs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform project management, such as project review and evaluation, identifying opportunities for project funding and to prepare quality project reports and other documents; and be able to communicate such reports in meetings, seminar, workshop, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, facilitate, and implement the multi-stakeholder projects or initiatives in the ASEAN Region.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and workflows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, perform tasks outside of job scope, and willingness to travel on short notice.
|22 November 2019
|Project Communication Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Public Relations/Journalism/Corporate Communications/ Marketing Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of media relations experience (both print and broadcast media required); two years with an international development organization preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent English writing skills, other languages an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global media; direct experience in working with media representatives.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting colleagues with digital communications activities, through either coaching/training or assisting with particular projects.
- Experience of working internationally or in a multicultural environment with a strong understanding of international issues (essential), and familiarity with the field of energy and climate change (desirable).
- Strong writing, copyediting and proofreading skills with the ability to make complex information accessible, craft engaging online copy and a familiarity with optimizing text for search engines.
- Communications ‘flair’ with the ability to think creatively, spot a good story and communicate this in the most interesting and/or effective way.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage a complex and varied workload, prioritizes tasks and work well under pressure.
|until position is filled
- Master’s degree in engineering, energy policy/planning, economics or other appropriate specialist discipline with minimum 5 years’ experience on energy modelling or PhD degree that heavily engages with modelling works in the research.
- Excellent understanding on the applied economic analysis, preferably within an energy/power system context.
- Excellent understanding on energy issues: national, regional and global energy trends and development and has demonstrated skills to coordinate and develop research areas.
- Proven analytical abilities as demonstrated in the past work products (analytics reports, quantitative analysis, operative models, and/or published papers).
- Proven professional experience in any energy/power sector modelling tools (TIMES, MARKAL, LEAP, PLEXOS, CGE, etc.)
- Team work, action oriented, problem solving, analytical and creative thinking.
- Ability to work accurately, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines, as well as organise work efficiently and deal simultaneously with a wide variety of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal attribute including: sensitivity, sound and strong organisational and leadership capability, able to work effectively and efficiently in a multicultural environment
- Promote open reporting culture, that is transparent, compliant and having integrity.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
|Call for Interest: ASEAN Thematic Papers on Energy and Climate Change
- ACE will provide financial compensation for each paper, according to the scope of work and research plan. Payments will be made on the basis of the completion of the deliverables only. No travel cost will be provided, unless specifically requested for project related meetings and agreed in writing by ACE.
- Each contributor will produce the following: a full version of the analysis published as an article in a journal with peer review and or as a report; and a short policy brief (3-5 pages) based on the article. Contributors may be invited to present their findings at ACE events, in which case ACE will cover travel expenses.
- ASEAN national.
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills.
- Interest in the field of ACE’s work, particularly the APAEC 2016-2025’s 7 (seven) Programme Areas; ASEAN Power Grid, Trans-ASEAN Gas Pipeline, Coal and Clean Coal Technology, Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Renewable Energy, Regional Energy Policy and Planning, and Civilian Nuclear Energy.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy studies, international relations, or related field (minimum the third-year student). For communication interns, a degree in language studies is preferred.
- Enrolled in a Master degree in engineering, energy studies, or related field (pursuing at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship).
- Recently graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a 6 months period after graduation.
- Basic knowledge on general computer software (i.e. MS Office).
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
- The timing and duration of the visit.
- The nature of the proposed research that should be in-line and in support of the 7 (seven) Programme Areas of the ASEAN Plan of Action for Energy Cooperation 2016-2025: ASEAN Power Grid; Trans-ASEAN Gas Pipeline; Coal and Clean Coal Technology; Energy Efficiency and Conservation; Renewable Energy; Regional Energy Policy and Planning; and Civilian Nuclear Energy.
- Confirmation that the applicant are/will be enrolled in a PhD or Postdoctoral programme during the fellowship.
- Sponsorship situation: the applicant is fully funded by a sponsoring institution or seeks fund from ACE.
- Full proposal of the research (if available) or a one-page outline of the specific piece of research.
- Proposed length of stay at ACE, between 3 and 6 months.
- A sample of past research or publication in English.
- A curriculum vitae